Welcome to Northfield Nursery based in the south of the City of Birmingham. Established in 2004 when the two adjacent spacious semi-detached Victorian houses were fully renovated to provide ample space for your child to learn and play in their small homely age-group. The nursery is well-positioned close to local schools and amenities.
This ‘all-weather’ outdoor area ensures access is possible all-year round and furthermore with a mini-forest school planned for the future, this will become a ‘natural-haven’ for the nursery children within the city.
We are proud to be the first Bright Kids Nursery to achieve Millies Mark, the industry standard for First Aid competence.
We offer you as a busy parent:
- Flexible childcare 51 weeks of the year from 7.30am until 6pm – we also offer Before, After School & Holiday Clubs
- Peace of mind knowing your child is in a quality setting being looked after by qualified staff
- A range of practical clothing & accessories
- Nutritional hot lunches served from 5* hygiene rated kitchens
- Small drop-off area on the nursery forecourt and plenty of on-road parking for your convenience (we are only 10 minutes from Northfield Station).
Indoor play space is provided for your child in specially created age groups. We plan activities to suit their developmental and learning needs.
Your child will receive age appropriate childcare in small groups:
- Bright Beginnings (6 weeks to 24 months) ‘Our Little Stars’
- The Toddler Zone (24 months to 3 years) ‘Our Sunbeams’
- Pre-School Education (3 years plus) ‘Our Shining Lights’
- Out of School Clubs (all school ages to 12 years) ‘Our Super Novas’
We are Ofsted registered, our latest inspection report (May 2013) said…
Overall the quality of the provision is Good. Children thrive in this welcoming nursery. Children are encouraged to find their own way of doing things and work out their own solutions to problems helping to develop their critical thinking. The nursery is well planned and resourced. Toys and equipment are easy for children to access and move around as they chose so that they can investigate and explore. Babies and young children are supported very well. Their learning environment, along with all areas of the nursery, is vibrant and stimulating. Children chat together happily during activities and enjoy playing and working together, but are equally happy engaged in self- chosen pursuits. Overall, children are confident learners and well equipped with the necessary skills required for their journey to school. There is a strong partnership with parents. Effective arrangements are in place to ensure parents regularly contribute to their children’s learning.
Visits are welcomed at any time except during our busy lunchtime period of 12:00 – 2:00pm when they would need to be by appointment only. We have waiting lists for many age groups so booking early is always advantageous. To arrange a visit please call our Manager Janette or her Deputy Kerrie on 0121 475 4788. Or for more information see FAQs, book a visit or download our Registration Form.
See what independent reviewers say about us
Please note that all recommendations listed have been submitted through the independent website daynurseries.co.uk and are subject to the daynurseries.co.uk terms and conditions